Order translation from Portuguese or into Portuguese at NotaBene Agency in Warsaw and Gdansk!
NotaBene Translation Agency is an experienced supplier of translation from Portuguese into Polish and vice versa for any documents or texts.
What types of texts does NotaBene Translation Agency work with?
– Technical translation from Portuguese — we translate any texts in electronics, aviation and shipbuilding, agriculture, industry, oil and chemistry, etc. For this purpose, we pick translators who understand the specific nature of a given industry.
– Translations for the IT sector from and into Portuguese for the localization of applications, games, software and websites.
– Medical translation from Portuguese — books, manuals, articles in specialized printed and online publications, clinical records, correspondence with medical institutions, transcriptions and translations of test results, instructions for medicines and many other types of texts. This kind of translation requires flawless knowledge of medical terminology and focus on detail to rule out ambiguity, because the result can affect the health or life of many people.
– Legal translations from Portuguese: statutes, registration deeds, articles of incorporation, contracts, powers of attorney, court records and many other similar documents. At the customer’s request, documents can be notarized or certified by a sworn translator — if they are intended for use in Poland.
– Financial translation from Portuguese includes the translation of balance sheets, tax returns, payment invoices, waybills, tender documents, etc.
– Literary or fiction translation from Portuguese of fiction, marketing and advertising materials. Unlike the previous types of translation, in this case there is more room for a translator’s creativity, because there is no need for “word for word” translation. The most important thing is that the translated material produces the same impact as the original, while an excellent translation may even make it better.
Please note that the translation mentioned is certified by an agency seal only. If you need sworn translation, kindly notify your manager in advance. Sworn translation is possible only for certain languages.
How to have a translation from Portuguese into English, Polish, Russian, Belarusian or Ukrainian?
First of all, you need to order it. To do so, send your source text and specify your requirements for the translation from Portuguese. A customer service specialist at the Nota Bene Translation Agency will prepare a ToR based on the specific features of the order. If the project involves more than one job, a unique glossary is created to ensure the consistency and proper use of terminology.
An entire team of several professionals normally works on a job: a translator, proofreader, editor, quality controller, layout designer and manager who will be available during working hours. In order to rule out human errors, the translation agency uses modern services to check punctuation, idioms, numerical expressions, and formulas. The material is also reviewed by the chief editor.
Confidentiality of translated data is ensured by a special NDA, whenever a customer wishes to have one. Documents can be delivered to any country.
We very rarely apply additional fees for “urgency” or “specialized subjects”, so you can be sure that the price will not rise when the project is delivered. It is true that in rare cases, such as “we need to have it yesterday” instances, and when a customer is willing to pay a higher rate for the team to work outside normal working hours, at night or on weekends, the fee might be increased, but this is always negotiated with the customer in advance.
The Portuguese language
The Portuguese language developed in 3rd century B.C. when Romans came to Iberian Peninsula. Today it is the state language of nine countries. It is the fifth most widely spoken language in the world and the most popular one in the southern hemisphere.
Portuguese is similar to Spanish, but is not, as many mistakenly believe, derived from it. The main reason of the similarity between the two languages is that most of the vocabulary has Roman origin.
Spanish speakers can barely understand Portuguese speakers, yet are able to read Portuguese texts with ease.
Every 5th May Portuguese Day is celebrated all over the world.
There are two versions of Portuguese language: classical Portuguese and Brazilian. Both languages have different lexical and phonetic characters, and even spelling. In Portugal orthography has not changed for the last millennium, but in Brazil it has been transformed, adapting to the native pronunciation of the South American country.
Portuguese has many dialects. The oldest amongst them is Galician. It is spoken by around 4 million people across the northwestern part of the Iberian Peninsula. Incidentally, Galicia is believed to be the birthplace of the Portuguese language and culture.
There are many words in the Portuguese language that resemble in spelling words in Russian, but have a completely different meaning. These include elétrico for tram, autocarro for bus and many others.
We have been in business for over 20 years and during that time we have learned to work well. Trust us with your project and get a great result at a reasonable price!