MTPE at NotaBene — keeping up with the times!
NotaBene Translation Agency offers a solution to streamline and expedite translations of certain types of texts — Machine Translation Post-Editing (MTPE). MTPE is a combination of advanced machine translation technologies with the input of professional editors, which in some cases ensures a high-quality result faster and cheaper than traditional human translation.
MTPE implies that an editor receives a text translated by one of the state-of-the-art machine translation systems almost instantly. The quality of translation is then scrutinized, and the target text is thoroughly compared to the original. Although the machine-translated text cannot be considered acceptable in terms of quality at this stage, the processing of this translation by professional linguists can ultimately ensure the highest standards of human translation.
Advantages of MTPE:
- Speed: by utilizing machine translation and eventual editing by a professional linguist, a large volume of translation can be processed a lot faster than when traditional methods are applied. This is especially useful when huge amounts of information need to be processed on a short notice.
- Cost-effective: MTPE slashes translation costs because automatic translation with human editing is cheaper than human translation, followed by editing and proofreading. What you get is high quality translation at a lower cost.
- Continuous improvement of the quality of machine translation: a machine translation platform is constantly learning from its editor’s feedback. Over time, the system becomes increasingly more accurate in translation and adapts to the requirements of a specific project.
- Uniformity: MTPE ensures a high degree of translation consistency. Machine translation applies pre-entered glossaries, making use of preferred terminology and wording, and helps to maintain the translation style throughout the entire text. This matters a lot in projects that require a consistent style and terminology across a brand or industry.
- Project time and resource optimization: MTPE offers speed and efficiency, enabling a project team to deliver a high-quality translation quickly and channel their time and resources into other important matters.
MTPE looks particularly relevant in:
- IT, programming and software development, where large volumes of documentation with technical terms are ubiquitous — MTPE can significantly save time and cut translation costs.
- Medicine, where large amounts of uniform data for research are required — MTPE becomes an indispensable tool.
- E-commerce, where online stores and platforms often need product descriptions, customer reviews, shipping terms and other data translated — MTPE can help to quickly render content into different languages and expand global sales audiences.
- Finance and banking, where accuracy and specialized terminology are obvious requirements, MTPE can be a useful tool for handling large volumes of translations for contracts, reports, financial documents, etc.
Above are just a few examples of the effective use of MTPE in B2B. If you have any doubts whether MTPE will be beneficial for you, contact our experts. We will analyze your project and offer you detailed advice on the advantages, disadvantages and approximate costs of project localization, as well as compare MTPE with traditional human translations in terms of quality, time, and cost.
We are ready to exceed your expectations as your business’s language partner.