Prices start from PLN 70 per document!
Order translation from Polish or into Polish at Nota Bene Agency in Warsaw!
Nota Bene Translation Agency is an experienced supplier of translation from Polish into English and vice versa for any documents or texts.
Polish belongs to the Balto-Slavic language group of the Indo-European language family. The importance of this language is consistently increasing, which means that more and more people are learning and speaking it.
Polish is one of the most widespread languages in Europe, spoken by some 50 million people. It is also one of the three most widely spoken Slavic languages, along with Russian and Ukrainian. Large Polish diasporas operate in almost every European country, in America and Australia.
The first attempt to systematize the Polish language was made in 1440, when the first grammar book was written. It was also then that the first literary works appeared. The first printed book in Polish was published in 1561, a translation of the Bible.
Polish is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn. It has a complicated grammar, a large number of exceptions, and lots of hisses and whistles. For speakers of other Slavic languages it is not a big problem, but for those speaking other languages it is not so easy.
There are five basic dialects in Polish: Greater Polish, Lesser Polish, Mazovian, Silesian and Kashubian. The latter, however, is increasingly recognized as a separate regional language. Kashubian is spoken by between 50,000 and 500,000 people.
The longest word in Polish is “konstantynopolitanczykowianeczówna”. It means “unmarried daughter of a resident of Constantinople” and was coined as a joke. In general, the Polish language is rich in unusual expressions, contains many original proverbs and sayings and is well suited for word play. Moreover, it abounds in obscene words, and in this respect Polish is superior to many other languages, even Russian.
Poles use all kinds of diminutives in colloquial speech. And they are used not only for close people but also strangers. For example, a waiter may offer you “kawusia” instead of coffee. The active use of diminutives can also be found in Dutch and Lithuanian.
The word “Poland” derives from the West Slavic tribe of Poles who came to the banks of the Vistula River around the 6th century. The name “Polanyi” comes from the word “Pole,” literally “living at a pole,” a Eurasian area covered with steppes and forests.
What types of texts does Nota Bene Translation Agency work with?
– Technical translation from Polish — we translate any texts in electronics, aviation and shipbuilding, agriculture, industry, oil and chemistry, etc. For this purpose, we pick translators who understand the specific nature of a given industry.
– IT translation from Polish for the localization of applications, games, software and websites.
– Medical translation from Polish — books, manuals, articles in specialized printed and online publications, clinical records, correspondence with medical institutions, transcriptions and translations of test results, instructions for medicines and many other types of texts. This kind of translation requires flawless knowledge of medical terminology and focus on detail to rule out ambiguity, because the result can affect the health or life of many people.
– Legal translation from Polish: statutes, registration deeds, articles of incorporation, contracts, powers of attorney, court records and many other similar documents. At the customer’s request, documents can be notarized or certified by a sworn translator — if they are intended for use in Poland.
– Financial translation from Polish includes the translation of balance sheets, tax returns, payment invoices, waybills, tender documents, etc.
– Literary or fiction translation from Polish of fiction, marketing and advertising materials. Unlike the previous types of translation, in this case there is more room for a translator’s creativity, because there is no need for “word for word” translation. The most important thing is that the translated material produces the same impact as the original, while an excellent translation may even make it better.
How to have a translation from Polish into English, Russian, Belarusian or Ukrainian?
First of all, you need to order it. To do so, send your source text and specify your requirements for the translation from Polish. A customer service specialist at the Nota Bene Translation Agency will prepare a ToR based on the specific features of the order. If the project involves more than one job, a unique glossary is created to ensure the consistency and proper use of terminology.
An entire team of several professionals normally works on a job: a translator, proofreader, editor, quality controller, layout designer and manager who will be available during working hours. In order to rule out human errors, the translation agency uses modern services to check punctuation, idioms, numerical expressions, and formulas. The material is also reviewed by the chief editor.
Confidentiality of translated data is ensured by a special NDA, whenever a customer wishes to have one. Documents can be delivered to any country.
Fees for translating from Polish into English, Russian, Belarusian or Ukrainian and vice versa.
The basic rate for personal documents translation from Polish starts as low as 70 zl.
The standard fee for translation from Polish into English, Polish, Russian, Belarusian or Ukrainian for a standard page of 1,800 characters is PLN 70.00 or EUR 15.00.
The standard fee for translating a text page of 1,800 characters from Russian, Belarusian or Ukrainian into Polish is PLN 70.00 or EUR 15,00.
We very rarely apply additional fees for “urgency” or “specialized subjects”, so you can be sure that the price will not rise when the project is delivered. It is true that in rare cases, such as “we need to have it yesterday” instances, and when a customer is willing to pay a higher rate for the team to work outside normal working hours, at night or on weekends, the fee might be increased, but this is always negotiated with the customer in advance.
We have been in business for over 20 years and during that time we have learned to work well. Trust us with your project and get a great result at a reasonable price!