ISO 9001 certificate
We have achieved ISO 9001 certification for translation services
We have received ISO 9001:2015 certification as a professional translation provider. We should explain what this standard is, who can have certification and on what grounds, and how our customers that order their translations from us can benefit from this high standard that we undertake to maintain. Check this out!
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001:2015 is an international certification standard that is part of the ISO 9000 family. A non-technical standard, it contains a set of requirements that govern a company’s quality management system rather than specific product requirements. ISO 9001:2015 certification can only be performed by an accredited body, such as the Polish Centre for Accreditation (PCA). Applications for certification are accepted from manufacturing and service companies, as well as public administration.
What underlies the ISO 9001 concept?
The premise of the standard is the understanding of a customer’s needs and upgrading of services provided or products offered toward those needs. The ISO 9001 standard envisages control of documentation and all records, systematization of process management, and involvement of the leadership in quality control and improvement. Regular performance measurement with the use of objective tools is also crucial. As a specialized translation provider, we focus on translation quality assurance and customer satisfaction assessment.
The fundamental principles of ensuring quality are as follows:
1) Customer-orientation in everything we do — it is customer satisfaction that determines the future of each unit;
2) Leadership commitment — managers (for example those running a translation agency) are responsible for making detailed development plans;
3) Involvement of the entire team — employees are those having the greatest influence on the quality and culture of service;
4) Process approach — it is critically important to clearly define internal processes, describe them and take care that they are implemented at the highest level under constant monitoring;
5) System management — managers effectively control the chain of interrelated processes;
6) Continuous improvement — each organization checks the efficiency of internal processes and explores new solutions to improve the quality of services;
7) Fact-based decision making — every decision concerning the company must be based on the analysis of collected data;
8) Mutually beneficial cooperation with suppliers.
How does ISO 9001 impact on our translations?
As an experienced translation company headquartered in Warsaw, we have completed international ISO 9001:2015 certification. As we prepared for certification, we thoroughly reviewed all of our processes and adapted the services we provide to the quality management concept. As a result, translations we provide — specialized, regular and sworn — meet all of our clients’ requirements.
Each translation of a document, website or any other text is done by experienced professionals who are native speakers of the target language. The entire Nota Bene team is involved in the process to deliver top-quality translations. We engage translators, editors, and proofreaders, project managers, couriers, and accountants. We do not involve random freelancers, so we can take full responsibility for the work done. Specialized industry translations are performed by experts in their respective fields who have access to specialists, e.g. where necessary, a translator of medical documents will seek advice from a professional with a medical degree.
Focus on quality!
We operate on the basis of process approach and system management. Our manager receives a translation order, analyzes it, answers the client’s questions and prepares a preliminary quote. Then we determine the final cost and set the deadline together with the customer. Only after this the job is assigned to a specialist linguist who performs the translation.
The completed text is then submitted to the editor, who checks it for consistency and rectifies any inaccuracies. Then the translation is reviewed again by our proofreader. They check figures (dates, chapter numbers), typos, and the general layout of the text. The DTP specialist completes the final stage of the job if the order contains photos, figures, or tables, and prepares translations for the printing office, where necessary. As you can see, the ISO certification we have achieved perfectly reflects the thoroughness of our work. If you are looking for a specialized committed translation agency, contact Nota Bene!