Order translation from Swedish or into Swedish at NotaBene Agency in Warsaw and Gdansk!
NotaBene Translation Agency is an experienced supplier of translation from Swedish into Polish and vice versa for any documents or texts.
What types of texts does NotaBene Translation Agency work with?
– Technical translation from Swedish — we translate any texts in electronics, aviation and shipbuilding, agriculture, industry, oil and chemistry, etc. For this purpose, we pick translators who understand the specific nature of a given industry.
– IT translations from Swedish for the localization of applications, games, software and websites.
– Medical translation from Swedish — books, manuals, articles in specialized printed and online publications, clinical records, correspondence with medical institutions, transcriptions and translations of test results, instructions for medicines and many other types of texts. This kind of translation requires flawless knowledge of medical terminology and focus on detail to rule out ambiguity, because the result can affect the health or life of many people.
– Legal translations from Swedish: statutes, registration deeds, articles of incorporation, contracts, powers of attorney, court records and many other similar documents. At the customer’s request, documents can be notarized or certified by a sworn translator — if they are intended for use in Poland.
– Financial translation from Swedish includes the translation of balance sheets, tax returns, payment invoices, waybills, tender documents, etc.
– Literary or fiction translation from Swedish of fiction, marketing and advertising materials. Unlike the previous types of translation, in this case there is more room for a translator’s creativity, because there is no need for “word for word” translation. The most important thing is that the translated material produces the same impact as the original, while an excellent translation may even make it better.
Please note that the translation mentioned is certified by an agency seal only. If you need sworn translation, kindly notify your manager in advance. Sworn translation is possible only for certain languages.
How to have a translation from Swedish into Polish, Russian, Belarusian or Ukrainian?
First of all, you need to order it. To do so, send your source text and specify your requirements for the translation from Swedish. A customer service specialist at the Nota Bene Translation Agency will prepare a ToR based on the specific features of the order. If the project involves more than one job, a unique glossary is created to ensure the consistency and proper use of terminology.
An entire team of several professionals normally works on a job: a translator, proofreader, editor, quality controller, layout designer and manager who will be available during working hours. In order to rule out human errors, the translation agency uses modern services to check punctuation, idioms, numerical expressions, and formulas. The material is also reviewed by the chief editor.
Confidentiality of translated data is ensured by a special NDA, whenever a customer wishes to have one. Documents can be delivered to any country.
We very rarely apply additional fees for “urgency” or “specialized subjects”, so you can be sure that the price will not rise when the project is delivered. It is true that in rare cases, such as “we need to have it yesterday” instances, and when a customer is willing to pay a higher rate for the team to work outside normal working hours, at night or on weekends, the fee might be increased, but this is always negotiated with the customer in advance.
Interesting facts about Swedish
Sweden is an amazing country that gave the world Karlsson, ABBA and the computer mouse. It has strong trade unions and the longest life expectancy in Europe. And the Swedish language reflects the Swedish way of thinking – it is democratic and fun to learn.
1. Swedish is a member of the Nordic group of Germanic languages. It is the official state language in Sweden and the second official state language in Finland. Swedish has a lot in common with such languages as Danish, Norwegian and Icelandic. Remarkably, a Swede can easily read books and newspapers in Danish, but does not understand Danish speech at all.
2. Some words are written and sound the same in Swedish and Danish, but differ in their meanings. For example, the word “by” means “village” in Swedish and “town” in Danish.
3 Many young Swedes speak Swenglish, a mixture of Swedish and English. In fact, English is used in this country at the same level as the national language, although it has no official status.
4 Historically, Swedes are not used to addressing each other as “you”. Regardless of their status or their partner’s age, they use the pronoun “you”. The only exceptions are members of the royal family who are addressed by title or in the third person.
5. Until the 1960s the third person form of address was also used for other high-ranking individuals. But then the tradition was abolished because it made communication much more difficult.
6. Swedish has no masculine and feminine gender. But there are the general and the neuter gender. The fact is that the masculine and feminine genders were so close to each other that with time these two genders merged into one general gender.
7. Swedish phonetics may seem complicated compared to Russian phonetics. Some Swedish vowels have no analogues. Meaning of words in Swedes often depends on how long or multiplicity of individual sounds are pronounced.
8. There are almost no “Z” and “Ts” in Swedish. They occur only in loanwords, and even then the Swedes pronounce them in their own way.
9. The Swedes don’t like adjectives and instead of using them they prefer complicating nouns. For example “horsepower”, “chocolate drink”, “air pollution” and “design changes” are translated into that language with just one word.
10. The symbol @, called “monkey” in Polish and “dogchka” in Russian, is called “elephant” or “trunk” in Sweden.
We have been in business for over 20 years and during that time we have learned to work well. Trust us with your translation from Swedish and get a great result at a reasonable price!